NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Goslings and Bloodroot at Volo Bog

This past weekend I talked my new walking buddy Vicky into going over to Volo Bog to see if anything was happening yet since we've been having sunny days and high temperatures.


The Bloodroot were plentiful in one spot but otherwise the wildflowers are still being shy.


It was International Bird Migration Day at the park, though we saw the usual cast of characters.

Red winged Black Bird
I did see a new one for me with my telephoto lens, and the chart in the visitor center helped me identify it as the male Northern Flicker.


The Great White Egrets were fishing and I know it's nesting time so I should try to scope out a rookery soon with my camera.


I see goslings every spring at the same spot on the Tamarack Trail, I don't know if it's the same parents or just a good spot to hang out! 


Unfortunately I had to shoot into the sun, but they were so cute I didn't want to walk away without trying!


Fuzzy!


I had a good laugh when they had to navigate one of the logs - the babies had an easier time of it than the parents, I'm sure this is one of the few times that is true.



No comments:

Post a Comment