NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Pike Place Market and the Hotel Monaco

What's a trip to Seattle without a stop at Pike Place Market?  The bad news I was not there at the right time of day to photograph the infamous sign.


The lighting was much better across the street.  I bought fruit from the vendor across the way, he was quite persuasive with his samples.  I highly recommend the Sumo tangerines.


Look at those fools above wearing the gloves and knit hats!  I didn't have a coat or gloves on. Sissies.


This lady was dressed appropriately, it was a lovely day, crowds were out facing the sun on their lunch break everywhere I walked.


It almost killed me to walk by the vegetables.  Look at those heirloom tomatoes.  No RV, no kitchen.


I paid a shocking amount of money for two jars of jam.  Again, sampling pays for the vendor.  The vendor in this case is Woodring Northwest, if you are a jam fan like me check out the link. I got the Marionberry and the Blueberry with Lemon zest. No words can describe them, but Dale did tell me they are lower in sugar than other preserves and that is precisely what I loved about them.  I told him when I buy jam I usually go home and add more fruit to them to cut the sugar.  No so with these, they are perfect!


It wouldn't be a trip to Pike Place Market without stopping to look at the fish.  Look at the mug on that Monk Fish.


Here's the 4 second video of the fish toss.



But the fish flying overhead at the Hotel Monaco held still long enough to get a good look at them.  And the dolphins too.


Normally you would never catch me sitting in the lobby, but I could sit in this one for awhile.  That is mosaic glass on the fireplace, the photo does not do it justice at all.


The sign outside was what brought me in.  I couldn't find any information on the internet about the origins of the building, probably nothing special but they have certainly fixed that.  Perfectly located near all the sights (including Pike Place Market!), if I was staying in Seattle itself this would be at the top of my list.


1 comment:

  1. Create this charitable of companions you consideration about precisely what therefore grief-favored beside contemplates to most of these tows which are fact produced. Son of Prong

    ReplyDelete