NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Snowy Stay in Sturgeon Bay

Another week gone in a flash, I will say that working so hard at my new job does make the days on the calendar speed on by, which works well for me this time of year.

Balcony view of Sturgeon Bay from our room

I never hate a two day stay in Sturgeon Bay for work, and this time my mom and I stayed at the Westwood Shores Resort.  We got a 2 bedroom suite for only $105 a night because they were recarpeting all the one bedroom suites.


The price is triple that in the summer, and so it will be back to the tent for me once the weather warms up. But it's nice to be spoiled every once in a while.

First cardinal I've seen in months

Sturgeon Bay has had its share of snow this year, and we woke to a little squall on our first morning.

John Purves tugboat at the Door County Maritime Museum

I dashed right out and took a stroll across the bridge and back, determined to get a bit of exercise before I had to start work for the day.

Michigan Street truss bridge opened in 1931

Good thing I had a walk, I discovered who bakes the best cookies in town! Although I will admit that I have gained back the 6 pounds I worked so hard to lose before Christmas.  I can't wait until warmer days so I can get outside more...or I could eat less cookies but what fun is that?


Sunflour bakery is currently located on Michigan Street just over the bridge between the Citgo and the BP but the owner tells me he's moving a few blocks away soon so you'll have to look them up if you're coming to the Peninsula this summer.  The cookies are amazing but apparently they are well known for the scones also.  And they sell them to take and bake too!



By noon the snow had stopped and I will say they are quick to get the roads clean up there.  We got to enjoy a little bit of pink over the bay before the sun set.

Potawatomi State Park across the Bay

Next week I'm all the way up to Ashland and even a quick dart over to Ironwood in the U.P.
In the meantime I'm trying to forget I have those cookies in the freezer...

3 comments:

  1. Do not give up cookies! Love seeing you in all these pictures especially with the cardinal in what looks like the bathtub. Love "pictures" of snow too. You are officially the off the charts record holder of most comments done in one day. TWENTY SEVEN and my blogs are LONG. I am humbled and grateful. Thanks Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the times I have been in Sturgeon Bay to attend Great Lakes ships has always been in snowy conditions. Brings back good memories:)

    ReplyDelete