NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Treats and Trains

I don't want to even think about how many cookies and cupcakes have made their way past my lips in the last 3 months since I started traveling for my new job.  Bakeries are everywhere, and I never seem to have time to eat lunch...or at least that is what I tell myself as I'm eating giant chocolate chip cookies for lunch instead of vegetables.


Sweet Lola's in Wausau not only had tasty treats, but their sign was sweet as well!


When Cory was little we went to a lot of train museums, he was quite the admirer of Thomas the Tank Engine.  Hum along if you know the song.  I'm sure I'll be hearing it in my head when I'm 100 years old and senile.


Brodhead saved their train depot and turned it into a museum, and they even had a matching mural on a nearby building!


Instead of taking the train you can ride your bike on the Sugar River bike trail to New Glarus where there are cute shops and cute cows doing cute things.  They have a bakery too, and a candy shop as well, but their garden shop is what I plan to explore next time I pass through.


I don't even have to go far for a sweet treat, Kenosha has opened up a new bakery and jam shop!  And look, Elsie Mae's even provides a rocking chair so you can sit down and eat it with a spoon?



No comments:

Post a Comment