NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Springing into Town

Spring has been slow to come to Wisconsin, as it does every year.  I've been putting miles behind me almost every day, though I haven't been singing along to the radio because it makes my voice hoarse and it's hard to sell those frames with magnetic clips if no one can hear me.

 

In Hobart I met some great Opticians who work at the health department building for the Oneida Nation.  If you are in the area stop in and check out their art displays in the public areas.

 

If you are in Oconto you must stop at Wayne's Family Restaurant for some pie.  They are the 25 time blue ribbon winner at the American Pie Council competition.  I had the blueberry...it was okay.  We've had other varieties there that were better though so don't hold that against them.

 

I still haven't gone inside, but I did finally stumble across the Oconto County Courthouse.


In Appleton I saw a mural depicting the history of the Hmong which was a surprise.

 

A side trip into Belgium is always in order so I can see Lake Michigan at Harrington Beach State Park.  I also got to see some deer enjoying one of our few lovely sunny days.  Look hard!

 

And here is a selfie of the new glasses.  These are the Easyclip ones with the magnetic clip which have been a lifesaver as I drive around and the sun plays hide and seek.  My mom got a pair too and she told me yesterday that she loves them!

 

Of course I will have more eyewear to model soon, I'm picking out some Adidas sunglass frames for myself today and I still have a shipment of some funky styles from DiValdi yet to arrive.  It's a good thing I'm gone on the road all the time or the UPS driver would tire of seeing me at the end of the driveway with a hopeful look on my face!

 

And I'll end this post with a frog on a bench in Cedarburg.  More on Cedarburg another day, it's a lovely town to visit, but I'll wait for a sunny day to highlight it's charms.  Maybe I'll even bask on the bench with the frog, stranger things have happened.

2 comments:

  1. Did not realise you had two jobs, I have one and work half the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your new job is working out well.

    ReplyDelete